Thursday, January 27, 2011

Needlepoint and Nerdiness

Good morning Neverland! Well, afternoon, actually.

I've been busy crafting since my last post. After a four month long crochet binge my arms and fingers needed some much needed rest. I felt myself getting into a cross stitch/needlepoint mode with no supplies. I ended up digging through my craft supplies and found an old project and picked it up.

When I was about twelve (since I was still in my old house at the time) I picked up a really tacky needlepoint kit at a garage sale for 50 cents. It had two parrots on it surrounded in leaves. I ended up working on it for about a day or two and then was forgotten and misplaced during the move. I finally found it about twelve years later. (Man, I'm old.) Moving on...

PROGRESS PICS




I took pictures of my progress and I am glad to say I only have a small corner of the background to finish (yay)! I have no idea what to do with it since I think it is utterly tacky. I may turn it into pillows since as you know by now I have a very odd obsession with pillows. I LOVE THEM. I am currently using (and not for decoration) six pillows on my bed.

I have many pillows planned for my own place and most are geeky ones. I am not ashamed to say that I am majorly geeky and I am proud to show it off!

-Nessa xoxo

No comments: